Physicians who diagnose, treat, and help prevent children's diseases and injuries.
- Physicians who diagnose, treat, and help prevent children's diseases and injuries.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
These are some of the job tasks:
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children.
- Examine patients or order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians, and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.